Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Laura Larsen Challenge

           My family and I recently went on a small vacation up in Salt Lake and then Park City. Sunday rolled around and we couldn't shop, and we tried to refrain from spending any money. So, we all piled into the car to take a scenic drive and before we were all even buckled,  my mom pulled out these talks with a sly smile on her face. Of course, a talk was not what I preferred to listen to. She promised us that we would just listen to one. That's cool, I thought.
          Well, the talk began. It was by Hank Smith at an EFY(Especially for youth) fireside. In that talk, I found myself laughing more often than not. Towards the end, the audience quieted down, and he began to talk about this girl he knew in High School, named Laura Larsen. He said that Laura Larsen 'glowed.' She was always smiling, and saying high to people. Hank Smith asked us to take the Laura Larsen challenge. This consists of smiling, and talking/ reaching out to people who you wouldn't normally associate with. Never be rude, or make someone feel less superior to you. We are all awesome in our own ways! :)
           I ask you to take the Laura Larsen Challenge, too. See what happens to you and others. :)
                                                                     ~Smile:)

1 comment: