Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Clean music is the key to life:)

                 These wonderful past few days have been dull, boring, and full of lighthearted Disney Channel movies. All of that is still an understatement. Now, why would I let two perfectly good days be like that? I have a fever, a sore, runny nose, achy limbs, and a slight cough. Plus, all of my previous energy seems to have disappeared somewhere far in the universe. However, in the past two days, I have written two songs, both with lyrics and a piano accompaniment. I don't say that boastfully, you need to keep reading.
                 Yesterday I had voice lessons for an hour. My amazing voice coach told me that it would be wise for me, in the condition that I was in, to not sing, or to sing very little. If you know me, that is nearly impossible.
                  Everyone knows the quote, " You don't know what you have until its gone." I laugh at how true that is. When I couldn't sing, I felt as if my life's happiness had been taken away from me. Dramatic, I know. But I reflect back to when I had croup when I was younger. I couldn't talk or sing or even whisper. Back then, I hadn't gotten into music quite yet. However, now music is my life. I have to sing, play the piano, or play my guitar in order to successfully release my emotions.
                 So, finally getting back to the first paragraph, I had been sitting on the couch enjoying lovely Disney Channel movies, when I was finally done; done with laughing at crude, inappropriate, not even funny jokes, and looking at how skinny all the girls were! I got up and sat on the piano, a pencil and pad of paper in my hands. It quickly became my release and my joy.
                  I sang and sang, even though I shouldn't have, and played and played, messing with the keys to get just the right sound. It was like the dark clouds were gone and angels were singing Hallelujah! Again, dramatic. Are those songs perfect? Haha, no! Don't make me laugh! But they are fun and they brought me joy.
                  That is what music is truly for. I am going to get on a spiritual note here, but Satan has turned music into a way to get his dirty, dark messages and images across. Don't forget the joy and good messages that fun, pure music can have on you. Always party hard to good, clean music. :)
                                                                  ~Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment